Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke

I've been reflecting on our trip to help me decide on just one semana santa moment to share here. This proved really difficult for me as I have ten days worth of wonderful moments from which to choose! One moment that is particularly vivid for me is when Emily C., Dr. Bolin, and I were on our way back to Casa after a brief trip to the tienda around the corner for some Cokes. It was already dark and we were still waiting for the procession to pass through and erase our alfombra. We walked past a little kid, around two or three years old, sitting in an open doorway with light flooding all around him. He sat near his father and the boy was drinking Coke too. Only he was drinking straight out of a two-liter bottle that was nearly empty. This huge bottle was about half the size of his little body and he was so adorable sitting there trying to get to the last drop. Emily motioned towards him and his jumbo sized drink and we all laughed at the silliness of the situation. It was cute that he was surely up way past his bedtime in order to spend time with his family waiting to see the processions. The fact that we all connected in that moment and laughed together without even saying a word really made it memorable for me. It also illustrated that we all enjoy the little things in life, regardless of where we are from.

No comments:

Post a Comment